Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Let's Talk Blessings

Several things have happened over the last week or so that can only be considered blessings. While I feel that everyday and everything in it's own way is a blessing, some blessings just stand out.

What, do you ask, am I talking about? Well for those of you who have looked at the Homeless in Ft Worth web site have probably read about how I was using equipment that had issues. The laptop I was using was over 10 years old and needed to be treated with care. The camera was probably 6 or 7 years old and needed the same. Not to mention me, but I won't go there this time.

Last week I was blessed with a newer Kodak camera that is light years better than the old one along with a couple of extra memory cards. But the big Blessing was when someone gave me a laptop that was about 3 years old but not working. Well for those of you who know me that's just the sort of challenge I can work with. So after several hours of work I now have a fully functional Dell laptop. Other than the battery being bad I managed to make the repairs without too much difficulty.

Now some of you are probably asking how do I use a computer without a working battery in a camp. Well here's another blessing. I've had for several years a large solar panel that I had picked up at a flea market. Recently another friend of mine came across 2 batteries that would work perfectly in conjunction with the solar panel. So after a fashion I have electricity in my camp. I have battery operated lights, radio and computer equipment that all have been adapted to work off the solar panel and battery system.

Without the help of many people that I've met along this journey that I am on, I never would have received any of those blessings nor the blessings of the other supplies I have received from the people whom I am proud to call my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment