Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 10, 2012

Out of Commission

Sorry for the lack of postings lately. A couple of weeks ago I fell on a slippery patch of mud going down to the creek resulting in a couple of cracked ribs and one really good bruise on my backside. The end result was that I pretty much stayed at camp while my ribs and backside healed up. Now I'm back in the saddle again more or less and playing catchup on all the things I could not take care of while I was out on commission.
First off I have to make the rounds of the food banks because I am completely out of basically everything. After that I have to get busy with getting food for the cats. They are starting to give me a look I don't like.
Then comes the part where I run around collecting aluminum cans for the cash I need for other supplies like gas for the stove, batteries, candles and other goodies. The real headache with collecting cans is that it averages out to about $0.75 per hour. It takes a fair amount of time to make enough to be worth while.
In order to live as I must I have certain things that must be done in a timely fashion and when there is down time involved then everything falls behind. I was lucky in that I had a small cushion of supplies to fall back on but even that did not last very long. So for the next couple of weeks I will be posting sporadically until I get things back up to speed. I'm writing things to post as I go but getting to a place where I can upload things is the trick so please stick with me while I catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment