Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

A Short Christmas Post


   
Well here we are, it’s almost Christmas and there is giving in the air. I know of several groups of people who are putting together packages for their local homeless neighbors. I too am in the process of putting together 5 care packages to deliver to some campers in my area. For some reason this has become a regular project for me although l would truly like to and try to do this all year round. Nuff said.

I’ve not written much these past couple of years but I felt that I needed to post at least something before the end of this year. There is much good and not so good that has happened in the homeless community this year. There has been the passing of several people I have known for many years or how about the new resource facility be completed soon over near PNS. There are many things happening and many things in the works for the future to assist the local homeless people in becoming not homeless. Yet I still hear from others, such as some of the unsheltered homeless people, that things are not going quite so well. Unfortunately they are still slipping through the cracks in the “system”.

Personally I had to back away from being a homeless advocate or working with my sheltered and unsheltered homeless friends. Mostly it was personal problem I was having adjusting from being unsheltered myself for so long to becoming a productive citizen again. I’ve been receiving counselling because I wasn’t doing the adjustment very well which is one reason that I retired as early as I did.

After a year of retirement and counselling I am now ready to jump back into the fire (I hope J). I intend to get myself reconnected with some other homeless advocates and case managers in the upcoming year. I still have many of my contacts and I still see many of the unsheltered homeless folks I used to work with before I retired.

I’m also putting together some notes and hope to write a book or at least publish something regarding the 10+ years I spent homeless. In the mean time I am getting ready to settle down. I have been moving around at lot lately and haven’t found a place to live permanently yet. Anyone know of someone who may have a room to rent or maybe a converted garage here in Fort Worth near a bus line they wish to rent to an older gentleman who is quiet and lives on a semi-fixed income? Contact me at my email address homelessinftw@live.com. My leaving the old apartment is also part of my upcoming auto-biography / story.
With all that being said I hope all of you, your family and loved ones have a.......
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment