Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Homeless in 2013

Well we finally made it to 2013. Truthfully 2012 wasn't that bad and whats going to happen this coming year has yet to be seen.

The photo shows my camp on Christmas day. I had to lower all the tarps because the weight of the snow would have caused some real damage.

This year I plan to keep moving forward in all my various plans. But at the same time I can't forget all the daily things that must be done in a timely fashion to continue to survive / live as I do. I still have to make weekly trips to various food banks, I still have to travel around collecting aluminum for extra cash, I still have to keep the camp clean and tidy, I still have to keep myself clean and tidy, I still have to haul fresh water and all the other chores that must be done. In amongst all that I need to make time to touch base with the temp agencies for possible work, I need to stay in touch with my network of friends. Other plans include getting out of the camp and into an apartment somewhere, but to do that I have to find a job that is long term and pays a living wage. Then on top of all these things I still have to work on my own head / self... and I'm a serious work in progress that seems to have no end. After today I do have to get busy making some kind of money, I need fuel for the stove and several other consumable items.

Time to get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment