Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Got a Spare Laptop?


Got A Spare Laptop?


Well here I am having serious hardware issues with my 7 year old Dell laptop. Truthfully it is failing and I cannot repair it this time. I got this laptop 2 years ago from a friend who had put it in a closet because it had failed on him. I managed after several hours (try 6 hours) of work to get it running again. For the last couple of years I’ve managed to keep it running but now that is not going to be the case.
A laptop has become an integral part of my running the blog, writing for “The Journey”, staying in touch with people and even making a few dollars from time to time. Using public computers at the library may sound like a viable alternative, it really is not. The primary problem is that you can only use them 1 hour per session or per day and most times it takes me more time than that to write even the simplest blog postings. Even now I have spent almost 45 minutes just writing what you have read so far.
For now I will use the public computers at the library out of the desire to keep this blog alive, to write for “The Journey” the street paper I do a column for and to stay in touch with all of you through email.
My request to you is, does anyone have a spare laptop stashed away that you are not using and would like to donate to a worthy cause? It does not even have to be working because, who knows, I may be able to repair it too. I’m not worried about software or operating systems, I have that covered. Take note Apple users I can deal with those machines as well. I am willing to barter or trade if necessary but I do not have much except my time and expertise.
Please contact me if you can help or know how I may acquire another laptop. New, used, broken or not. I’m open to all suggestions. Send me an email to: gkirksr@hotmail.com.
Thank you for your help and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment