Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Son Teaches Father



"What I remember is an extremely smart, introverted man that has always had the ability to achieve whatever he wanted, but chose the wrong path. I hope and pray for the day you can get it all together and make it back to where you once were. I am still proud that you are my dad. Just not proud of who you became. It's easy for you to talk about all the hard times you've been through. Maybe you should reflect on the hurt you've put your loved ones through. I love you dad. "
That was a message I received from my son recently. He is absolutely correct too. I love him for that. Although getting back to what I once was won't be possible, I can and will make the effort to become the father he has never really had. Just a bit late.

My son, my daughter and their mother all suffered from my absence. I was not there for them. I was too busy pleasing myself to pay much attention to them. Once I started down that path, it was easier to just keep going that way and so now some 35 years later I have much to make up for. Even though I will never be able to make up for all those years, I can make the effort to try and I pray that they can forgive me.

Thanks Son

2 comments:

  1. Once again, the honesty is beautiful, but hard. Praying for reconciliation and forgiveness on all sides.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your story. Praying for the Lord to exchange all those years of ashes for years of reconciliation and praises.

      Delete