Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 23, 2013


My Personal Goals


 

As mentioned before, my personal goals established several years ago were to start this blog, gain control or eliminate my substance abuse issues with a continuing long term goal of improving my personal quality of life. A modification or addition to the quality of life goal is to not lose sight of all the other homeless people, their lives, problems and possible solutions as I grow. I do have a unique perspective here and while my solutions may not work for other chronic unsheltered homeless, I can at least see what does work and what does not work for them or me.

My long term goals are getting off the street, out of this camp, into an apartment and having the means to do so. Sounds simple doesn’t it? Well not really.

So far I’ve established a certain level of comfort but to continue towards meeting my ultimate goal requires that with some help I can make the next few intermediate goals. The biggest is to establish an income of some sort. One possibility is that in about a year I will be in a position to take advantage of an early retirement and begin receiving my Social Security at age 62. This is not an ideal way to meet my goals but is one option. Another way is pretty obvious. Go back to work. This where it gets a bit problematic. Those of you who know me probably have an idea of the hurdles in front of me. Age, lack of a recent work history and a criminal record just to name a few are some of the hurdles. Which means option number one may be my best bet. To get to the point that either option is met I have to maintain what I’ve now got so as not to fall back to a place that I’ve already been or stumble along the way. Been there done that applies here. To maintain the quality of life I’ve reached takes a lot of effort on my part as well as assistance provided by a few others.

This is where you can help. By assisting me reach my goal of self-sufficiency I will be able to continue toward my other goal of maintaining and moving forward with this blog, its associated web site and my life. The more of you willing to help me support myself until I reach my goal of self-sufficiency will allow me to invest the time and effort in reaching that goal as well as to continue to help and inform people about what is really happening out here.

My needs are pretty simple as are meeting my intermediate goals. If you think you wish to help in any fashion, please contact me via email. Let me know what you can do or I can let you know what my immediate needs are. Just know that I don’t forget who my friends are whether they give me their moral support, prayers, material support, financial support or all the above.

Thank you for caring and thanks to all for reading these posts. Finally, thank you all for all the kind words and good wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment